The Kind Of Mama I Want To Be

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

This Sunday I will be celebrating my 3rd Mother's Day!

When I was thinking about what type of Mother's Day post I wanted to write, I started thinking about how I would want my girls to remember me as their mother.  Someday in the future, when they sit back and reflect about their time growing up with me, what will they think and feel?

That line of thinking inspired me to write this post...

I Want To...

Be PRESENT.  Put down the cell phone and the iPad.  Not only show up, but PLAY and really LISTEN.

Be able to FIND HAPPY everyday and SHARE it.  Life is full of challenges and obstacles that make some days hard. But, looking for the little things that make you happy everyday makes even the worst days seem a little more bearable.  Sharing those small joys with my daughters every night before bed makes us smile.

Be SUPPORTIVE. I know I won't always like or agree with my daughters' choices.  However, I want to support their dreams and goals, even if they aren't my own.

Be a SHOULDER to both cry on and lean on.

Share LAUGHTER. 

Find ways to be CALM when I'm fuming inside.

Be PATIENT when I'm in a hurry, and they are not.

Be HONEST  and FAIR.

Be THANKFUL.  Let go of comparing myself to others and be grateful for everything I have at this very minute on this very day.

I am blessed with two sweet, beautiful daughters and I am so lucky to be their Mama.

Here's to being the Mama you can be!

Happy Mother's Day!
post signature

Add a comment »

Leave a Reply


You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...