Springtime Chicks

Thursday, May 1, 2014

The sun is shining and the weather is warm.  Springtime has arrived!

I thought to celebrate we would make springtime chicks:)

In order to make these chicks you will need:
Construction paper (white for body, yellow for wings, orange for beak and legs)
Scissors
Glue stick
Black marker for eyes (or wiggle eyes would be cute)
Yellow paint
Different textures to use as paintbrushes (we used corks and q-tips)

Instead of using a paintbrush to paint our chicks, I thought it would be fun to try out some different textures. I chose corks and q-tips (mostly because they were the first things I saw when I opened up our craft area) but you could use a paintbrush or get really creative here with a variety of objects.
After painting, we let our chicks dry. Then the girls glued the pieces together and added two eyes using a black marker.

Yay, for Spring!  
Have fun making your own Springtime Chicks!

post signature

1 Comment »

One Response to “ Springtime Chicks ”

  1. Thanks for sharing on the What I Learned Wednesday link-up. I love crafts that my toddler can help with and don't take a lot of materials too!

    ReplyDelete


You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...