Review of Preschool and Kindergarten Learning App

Friday, April 18, 2014

*Disclaimer:  Although I received a small compensation for reviewing this product, all opinions are completely by own. I was compensated to review this product, but not to provide a positive review.

Preschool and Kindergarten learning kids games for girls & boys ∙ Learn to read interactive ABC, alphabet tracing, phonics song with educational app based on Montessori match letter quiz & logical math puzzle games for toddler iPad free by Kids Academy


By Kids Academy Company


Now that my girls are getting older, I have created a schedule for them where every day of the week I provide a different activity.   Along with many other parents, I use Tech Tuesday as a way of reinforcing previously taught concepts. 

I know that growing up technology will be a major part of my girls' lives. However, at this age, I like to limit the amount of time spent on the iPad.  I also like to find quality applications that are educational based and provide a safe place to play and learn.  

I was happy to learn about Kids Academy Company's new preschool app.  

Pros:
  • free educational games
  • incredible colors and graphics 
  • uses baby steps to help kids trace numbers and letters
  • kids are rewarded after tracing numbers by adding fireflies to their jar- cute idea
  • great phonics and spelling with visuals and sound 
  • cute animations with easy to follow voice instructions
  • parent controls allow music and voice to be turned on or off
Cons:
  • must make in-app purchases to play all games
  • must make in-app purchases to continue playing games
Parts of this app were a bit challenging for my two year olds, and might be more appropriate for slightly older preschoolers and kindergartners. 

Click on the link at the top of this page to download for free on iTunes.
 
post signature

Add a comment »

Leave a Reply


You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...