Places to Visit: Child Playtime and Swellness Center

Monday, April 7, 2014

Today was a wet and rainy Monday!  Luckily, we had scheduled a play date with some moms from my multiples club at the Child Playtime and Swellness Center in Columbia, MD.

This was our first visit to the center and it ended up being a perfect place for my two year old twins to play!

I wasn't sure what to expect since there weren't any pictures on the company's website. But when I first walked in the center, I felt like I had entered the well decorated, giant playroom of an awesome grandmother.  

The way the center is set-up is inviting and friendly. Once past the reception area there is one large playroom that offered activities like a play kitchen, grocery store, reading area, puzzles, easels, tunnels,  and even a little puppet theater.  There were also little rooms that stemmed off the big play area. My girls favorite was the music room.  They loved the baby sized grand pianos.  But, there was also a transportation room with little cars to ride around, a construction room, an art area, and an infant/crawlers room.

This place would be perfect for those who are crawling to preschool age kids.


There were so many toys to choose from and many toys had multiple copies. So great when you have twins that want to play the same thing at the same time!  You could really return to the center over and over again and play something completely different each time.

The place is very clean and you can tell the owner takes care of the toys.  They were in excellent shape! The restroom was also very clean.

Parking is free and plentiful.  The cost of admission was $18 for my two girls, adults are free.  It's a bit pricey, but it seems to be the going rate for this type of activity center in the Baltimore Metro area.

The owner has plenty of hooks to hang coats and places to store shoes.  Since we are a no shoes house, I really appreciate the "socks only" rule.  The floor just seems so much cleaner to me.

If you are looking for a fun, educational, and safe place to play.  I would definitely recommend this play center. Click here to visit the company's website.

If you have any suggestions of places to take young kids in the Baltimore area, I would love to hear them! I'm always looking for ideas.

post signature

Add a comment »

Leave a Reply


You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...