Winter ONE-derland Party: Decorations

Monday, February 17, 2014

This weekend was my niece, Rylee's, first birthday party.  My sister, Melinda is incredibly creative and a talented graphic designer.  I asked her if I could share her party on my blog.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!



With the backdrop of about two feet of snow on the ground (that's a lot for us Marylanders), my sister created a sweet winter wonderland. 
In the photo above she filled tall clear vases with cotton balls to create snowman.  She then used glue dots to add eyes, mouths and noses that she had cut from construction paper.





My older niece, Olivia, created large pink and white snowflakes from a technique she learned at school. Here's a pretty good tutorial from Homewiththeboys.net. on how to make your own large snowflakes.  
Melinda created the smaller snowflakes by using a snowflake punch she got at Michael's and gluing little sparkle gems to the center of each flake.  
The food labels were created from scrapbook paper and a felt snowflake sticker that she also picked up at Michael's.  

The two garlands pictured above were created using more scrapbook paper and ribbon.  

That's all for today, but be sure to check back for more photos of the Winter One-derland Birthday Party, including games, food, and favors!



Add a comment »

Leave a Reply


You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...