My Twin Ladybugs Birthday Party

Saturday, February 1, 2014

For my girls' second birthday, I went with a ladybug theme. Here is a glimpse of my twin ladybugs' birthday party.
The food table (partially set)
1.  Ladybug banner and tablecloth- Party City online.  I also found cute beverage napkins and cake plates from the same Party City link.  I decided to use large red plates and black napkins for dinner.


2.  Ladybug Cutouts- I used a large circular punch to cut out red and black circles from leftover scrapbooking paper.  I then cut the red paper in half and used 2 glue dots to attach the red wings to the black body.  I used a black Sharpie to add a few small black dots to the wings and Viola!  Ladybugs.  I made a about two dozen and hung them all over the house.  *I am turning these cutouts into Thank You notes by writing on the back using a fine point metallic marker. 


3.  Food Labels- I found these on How To Nest For Less (She has a whole set of adorable ladybug printables!)



4. Ladybug appetizer- This recipe here on Taste of Home turned out really cute.  In addition to these appetizers we served things like veggies and dip, fruit, hot spinach and artichoke dip, slow cooked pulled BBQ chicken, cheesy potatoes, and Mac and Cheese.  
I don't have a good picture, but I also set out a few small mason jars filled with easy to grab finger food like yogurt puffs and organic bunnies for our younger friends.   


In the beverage station, we had Ladybug Lemonade (raspberry lemonade), water, iced- t (not pictured) and a few adult beverage options.  
For the cups, I stuck black stickers (the same ones we used on our ladybug party hat craft) onto red solo cups. Super easy! 
I created these table decorations by adding Easter grass (the paper kind) to small mason jars. I leaned a few twigs up against the glass and added  ladybug stickers that I found at Michael's. 

We had a delicious Snickerdoodle cake created by Fresh Bakery.  I also ordered two individual cupcakes (not shown) for the girls.  I feel it's important to sing to each of them separately. Even though they shared this party, I wanted to make sure they each had a chance to be recognized individually:) .

Be sure to check out the girls' sweet ladybug outfits from my previous post.  

That's all I have for today, but I hope you enjoyed our ladybug party!  

Add a comment »

Leave a Reply


You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...