Easy Weeknight BBQ Chicken Pizza

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Making dinner isn't always an enjoyable task for me, as it once was pre-twins.  I used to love cooking healthy and fresh meals.  But now, some nights I need a menu with little prep work so that I can spend less time in the kitchen and more time playing Minnie Mouse or Hide-and-go-seek.  :)


On Valentine's day I thought it would be fun to create a heart shaped pizza for the family. Didn't have too much luck with the heart shape, but the pizza was so delicious and really easy to make.  This is one I will be sure to make again.

Ingredients:
1 whole wheat pizza dough (16 oz package found in refrigerator section)
1T Olive Oil
Olive Oil Cooking Spray
BBQ Sauce (I used Trader Joe's All Natural BBQ Sauce--It's sweet with just a little kick, but choose one you like)
Cooked Chicken from the deli (I used Trader Joe's "Just Chicken"- 12 oz package that I chopped into smaller bite sized pieces that were more manageable for the girls)
Red onion-thinly sliced (appx. 1/3 cup)
1 1/2 cups shredded pizza blend cheese or a cheddar and mozzarella mix
Garlic Salt (optional)
Directions:

Preheat oven to 450F. 
In a skillet, saute the red onion slices in 1T of olive oil until soft and brown.  Add the chicken to warm and brown slightly. 
Stretch or roll the pizza dough onto pizza stone. 
Lightly spray the dough with olive oil. Sprinkle a little garlic salt on the crust, if you choose. 
Spread BBQ sauce on the dough in a circular motion.  I use the back of a spoon to spread.
Add the sauteed chicken and onions.
Top with the shredded cheese.
Bake at 450 for appx. 15-20 minutes.  

Serve with a green salad, Slice and Enjoy! 





1 Comment »

One Response to “ Easy Weeknight BBQ Chicken Pizza ”

  1. This is a quick and delicious meal, we also enjoy this meal very much. Never thought to add the garlic salt onto the crust. I will definitely be doing that next time!

    ReplyDelete


You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...