My Twin Ladybugs Birthday Party: Ladybug Party Hat Craft

Thursday, January 23, 2014

I wanted to have a craft at the girls' party to keep the older cousins busy, but one that the little ones could put together with a little assistance.  I came across these similar cute ladybug hats at KidParties123.com.  
Genevieve's Ladybug Hat 
Ladybug Hat made and worn by Cousin (she opted for a heart mouth in place of the yarn:)
Craft Materials:
  • 12”x18”Red craft foam sheets (cut into 3" strips)
  • Black “sticky-backed” craft foam
  • Small foam heart stickers
  • Black dot stickers (I ordered mine on amazon)
  • Black Marker (for writing name on the back)
  • Wiggle Eyes
  • Black pipe cleaners
  • Yarn or string for the mouth
  • Hole punch
  • Scissors
  • Glue dots or Elmer's glue 
  • Black ribbon (to tie the sides together)
I was able to pick up the supplies I needed at Michael's. (Except for the black dots- see above)

I spent a little time one evening before the party cutting the foam, ribbon, and yarn.  I also punched the holes and tied the ribbon to the red foam.  The day of the party I had all the supplies sorted and set out in little bins and baskets.  My sister sat down at the craft table to lend a helping hand, but the kids did great!   

For very easy to follow assembly instructions, click on this link KidParties123.com

Be sure to check back for more ladybug party goodies!  

Add a comment »

Leave a Reply


You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...